Skip to main content

German government explores 8 alternatives to its Turkish airbase – report

German authorities have examined eight potential locations for the relocation of its air base currently situated in Turkey’s Incirlik military facility, Germany’s government said in response to a parliamentary inquiry, as reported by Die Welt daily.

“The review of alternative sites to the Turkish aircraft base Incirlik found that, from a military perspective, locations in Jordan, Kuwait and Cyprus were available,” the government said in its official response to the MP’s, which was seen by Die Welt.

The German daily reports that Kuwait and Jordan each host three potential sites, where the new German base could be built, while another two possible locations were identified on Cyprus — the British air base in Akrotiri and in the town of Pahpos.

The government paper also says that all locations have been already visited by German specialists “within the framework of a military exploration for the purpose of reviewing their fundamental suitability.”

At the same time, it added that “no conversations concerning possible stationing” had been held.

The report about the German government's review of potential sites for the base relocation came in response to a parliamentary inquiry launched by two MP’s from the Left Party and four lawmakers from German Chancellor Angela Merkel’s Christian Democratic Union (CDU) and its Bavarian sister party, the Christian Social Union (CSU).

The report was, however, criticized by the Left Party’s foreign affairs spokesman, Jan van Aken, who initiated the inquiry. 

“The government obviously has no interest in relocating the German armed forces from Incirlik if they have not even had a conversation with the other countries where stationing is possible,” he told Die Welt, adding that the government “compiled a list of potential alternatives only to calm down the MP’s,” but is in fact reluctant to take any real steps in that direction.

In Mid-March, a group of German MP’s already called for the withdrawal of troops deployed at Incirlik Air Base against the backdrop of a diplomatic row between Germany and Turkey over the forthcoming Turkish referendum on constitutional amendments.

Ankara is sponsoring a series of rallies for Turkish citizens living in Europe, campaigning for their votes ahead of the referendum seeking to enhance the power of the Turkish presidency. 

Germany has undermined this effort along with some other European countries by canceling the events and banning Turkish officials from appearing at campaign rallies.

In March, Florian Hahn, the CSU spokesman for security and foreign policy, said German soldiers and officers may become pawns in Turkey's power games. 

Hahn said Ankara already played the Incirlik card in June last year, when it prevented German MP’s from visiting the base amid a row over Berlin’s formal recognition of the mass killings of Armenians under Ottoman Empire rule as genocide.

The German legislators then managed to visit the base on October 5, 2016. However, none of them have been allowed on the base since that time, Die Welt reports. 

Requests filed by six parliamentarians are still being processed by Turkish authorities who “have not yet sent any denial letters,” the paper reports, citing the governmental report.

Germany also has another military base in Turkey in Konya, which is located some 350 kilometers west of Incirlik. 

Van Aken’s request to visit this base was rejected by Turkish authorities, according to Die Welt.

The Incirlik Air Base is located in southern Turkey close to Syria and is used by several NATO countries, including the US, UK, and Germany, which has stationed a force of some 240 servicemen. 

German Tornado planes conduct reconnaissance flights from the base as part of Berlin’s contribution to the US-led coalition fighting terrorist group Islamic State (IS, formerly ISIS/ISIL).


Popular posts from this blog

Iran Killing Command: The use of firearms in dealing with protesters

The document you see on the image is the order of the commander of the Tehran repressive force to all the units based in the city.

Based on this agenda, the mercenaries of the corrupt government Islamic Republic of Iran have been allowed to use firearms in the event of any protest movement against people by the regime.
This is a murder command.
The repressive force of the law, known to the world's famous police and guardians, should protect the lives of its citizens, by freeing their mercenaries, they allow them to murder Iranians who are protesting the corruption in the government and you have the important message that if you come to the streets in protest of corruption and torture and massacre, we will kill you.
Because, according to criminal Khomeini, maintenance of the system is obligatory.
A corrupt government that is so hideous that spend billions of dollars from the national treasury and popular capitalto the suppression of its people and the countries of the region, must be ov…

ایران فرمان قتل : دستور استفاده از سلاح گرم در برخورد با معترضان

سندی که در تصویر میبینید دستور فرمانده نیروی سرکوبگر انتظامی تهران به همه یگانهای مستقر در این شهر است.
بر اساس این دستور کار ، مزدوران حکومت فاسد نظام جمهوری اسلامی اجازه یافته اند که درصورت بروز هرگونه جنبش اعتراضی از سوی مردم علیه رژیم ، از سلاح گرم استفاده کنند.
این دستور یک فرمان قتل است.
نیروی سرکوبگر انتظامی که به ظاهر و تعریف شناخته شده پلیس در سراسر جهان ، میبایست حافظ جان شهروندان باشد ، با آزاد گذاشتن دست مزدوران چکمه پوش خود انها را مجاز به قتل ایرانیان معترض به فسادهای موجود درلایه های حکومت میکنند و این پیام مهم را در خود دارد که اگر در اعتراض به  فساد و شکنجه و کشتار به خیابانها بریزید شما را خواهیم کشت.
چرا که به گفته خمینی دجال، حفظ نظام از اوجب واجبات است.
حکومت فاسدی که انقدر وقیح هست که میلیاردها دلار از خزانه ملی و سرمایه مردمی را صرف سرکوب مردم خود و کشورهای منطقه میکند باید سرنگون کرد.
اکنون چهل سال است که کشور ما به اشغال این ملایان جنایکتارخونخوار و اسلام تحمیلی در آمده است .
هنوز باورش برای برخی سخت است که درک کنند کشور ما به معنای واقعی کلمه از سوی بنیادگرایان الله…

مائده مختار زاده یکی از اعضاء فعال گروهک تروریستی سازمان مجاهدین خلق در ایران_قسمت 1

گزارش شماره یک درباره یکی از خائنین به ملت ایران
 همانطور که ملت بزرگ و شریف ایران زمین میدانند یکی از خطرناک ترین و فاسدترین گروه های تروریستی که سالیان سال در سطح جهان وایران به فعالیتهای غیر انسانی و جنایتکارانه مبادرت می ورزند و با افکار و عقاید بیمارگونه خود جانهای جوانان ایران زمین را می آلایند، گروهک تروریستی مجاهدین خلق می باشد.
جنایات آنان طی سالیان گذشته بر همگان آشکار بوده و چه خانواده هایی که فرزندان عزیز خود را که توسط اعضای این گروه شستشوی مغزی داده شدند ، از دست داده اند و دیگرانی که طعمه شکارچیان بی رحم این گروه تروریستی قرار گرفته اند.
اما خانواده هایی هستند که همچنان نسل اندر نسل به این سازمان تروریستی وفادارند و ایدئولوژی جنایتکارانه خود را به فرزندشان منتقل می کنند و همچنان در داخل و خارج ایران به ترویج افکار مسموم آنها و همچنین فعالیتهای تروریستی مشغول می باشند.
در اینجا به معرفی یکی از این خانواده ها و تشریح فعالیتهای آنها از سالهای آغازین انقلاب ایران تا کنون  خواهیم پرداخت:
مصطفی و جعفر مهیمنی و یکی از خواهرانشان مرضیه مهیمنی ساکن شهرستان بابل در استان مازندران در س…